Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Carnival of Homeschooling # 77: Roadtrip!



I'm late! But I won't miss the road trip!




The weeks Carnival of Homeschooling Roadtrip is up over at Consent of the Governed.




I have all sorts of excuses, including an overnight in town last night.


Bruce and I had a commitment to spend the night at our synagogue as volunteers for the Interfaith Hospitality Network.




Today I am having carpet installed in the two bedroom suites--the master and the guest suites. So before I left yesterday, we had to get those rooms ready for the installers.


You know: remove lamps and breakables and the small furniture and throw rugs. Remove clothing from the lower closet racks---etc. Just so we can put it back again tonight!




And I stayed up too late last night. My fault. I reached the climax of Tom Clancy's The Sum of All Fears at 10 PM. My husband sensibly turned in on our roll-away in the volunteer classroom.


I foolishly read on in the synagogue library until worldwide nuclear holocaust was averted.




So I think that this afternoon, I will sit out on the porch with an iced tea and take a virtual roadtrip! It will be fun! It will be relaxing.




I need that.


1 comment:

Melora said...

Gracious! Sounds like an exhausting night. I'm glad the end of the world was averted this time!
I enjoyed your post a couple back re: labels for people.