Monday, March 19, 2007

Too Sweet?



N. came home yesterday from an overnight camping trip with the Boy Scouts at Rio Grande Gorge State Park.


He had left with mild allergies but returned with full fledged sinus congestion and a cough.

This morning, instead of his usual hot chocolate, he requested "Tea. Licorice Spice. Hot. With lots of honey."


So I duly made him a 12 oz. cup of tea with his usual two tablespoons of honey. I noticed after a little while that he had not drunk it all up. When I asked him about it, he said: "It was too sweet, Mom."


Too sweet? This was the sweet-tooth of Bernalillo County talking. What gives?


I guess my little boy is becoming a young man.
He said that despite waking up yesterday with the cough, he had a good camping trip. They toured the bridge (top picture-highest bridge on the US Highway system--courtesy of NM Tourism Department) and they took a hike along the Rio Grande in the Gorge.
I haven't been up there in a long, long time. Maybe it's time for a day trip to Taos.
Maybe for Mother's Day.

No comments: