Wednesday, April 25, 2007

B-B-B-Busy as a BEE! Carnival of Homeschooling

Almost there!



Last night we did our Mock Trial for Special Education Law.

I was worried because the case was difficult and had only one obvious strategy for the plaintiff's side--which was my group's job. Since I am the "Doc" student, I had to be a lawyer. Most groups had 4 people and 2 lawyers, but one student walked out on our group two weeks ago, leaving us with three students. That meant only one lawyer. Me. Have I said that I don't LIKE lawyers very much? Or maybe I should rephrase that--I don't like BEING a lawyer very much. But the others in my group worked hard and helped out a lot last night. Also, the other side did not anticipate our strategy and in fact, by adding a condition to the child in question, made our job easier! We'll find out who won next week, but we did a credible job.

It took hours for the adrenaline to wear off last night!

Today, I have to defend my hypothesis in Neurobiology. This morning I got up early to finish the slide presentation and practice. I couldn't sleep well last night due to that dratted adrenaline! So today I am tired. I hope I can get myself "up" for the presentation. It is 10 minutes with 5 minutes of questions.

Tonight is Guinness Time!

Tomorrow is "take your offspring to work" day at Sandia National Labs. Bruce will take N. I have the day off to recover. I intend to spend part of it over at the Carnival of Homeschooling at Sprittibee! It very appropriately has a "Bee" theme--that works for me!

I still have a reflection paper to write for the Mock Trial and a final to take for Special Education Law. I think the final is overkill after the work it took to do the Mock Trial.
Sigh!

I am counting the days: ALMOST THERE!

4 comments:

Lides said...

Best of luck today! I have three more weeks until I am completely finished with this semester -- I cannot wait!

Unknown said...

The Mock trial sounds interesting!

"offspring"? do they call it that at the workplpace?

have a good time!

Megan Bayliss said...

Hi E
it sounds as though you are doing well with your studies.
Hope you enjoyed the Guinness without damaging too many brain cells.
I damaged many of mine when I was in Ireland!
Mxx

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Hi, all!

Kaber, I just saw your question. Been kind of busy of late.

Offspring? Well, Sandia is a national laboratory. You have to be a big-time geek to be a scientist or engineer there. And you have to know how to manage geeks in order to be in the support staff.

Last year they were doing construction on the road that led to DH's building. A sign was posted that said:

"Decrease your velocity. Increase the distance between vehicles. Observe changes in the trajectory of vehicles around you and respond with alacrity."

I kid you not!