Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I'm In the Mood for Poetry: Carnival of Homeschooling #67

Pesach ended at sunset this evening, and what a gorgeous one it was! It just makes me want to burst out in poetry!

I spent this morning getting the kitchen returned to normal by cleaning out, washing, drying and putting away all of the Pesadikh utensils and dishes. I integerated the Passover food into the regular pantry and removed the signs that identified the Pesadikh (permissible) cabinets and those that were chametzdikh (not permissible).


I spent the rest of the day thinking about our upcoming mock trial and then watching the mock trial for the teams that went today. Finally, at 7:30 PM I met my family at Dion's Pizza--we have the family tradition of eating Pizza and salad on the night that Pesach ends.

Ahhh! I feel full, really completely full, for the first time since the Seder. It is funny, but although we eat and eat during Pesach, it is just not as satisfying as when we get leavened foods.

I am now in the mood for Poetry! And that's what's up at this week's Carnival of Homeschooling over at Apollos Academy. The Tutor has set this week's theme to Poetry.

How wonderful it is to relax and check out the meter and the rhyme. So join me over at Apollos for important and interesting reads!

5 comments:

Frankie said...

Did you know you were nominated for Best New Homeschool Blog? I voted for you. And I love your blog. You have a warm personality, I love reading about your son, his learning style and his journey, and you are really giving me a wonderful education of your faith. Thanks!

Frankie said...

Oh duh -- just looked over your front page. You knew. Anyway, congrats on the nomination. I'm glad you're blogging.

Anonymous said...

LOL - We went out for pizza too.. it was wonderful!!
I dunno, Passover food makes me feel so bloated.. Every year I look forward to the matzoh and all the other foods.. but by the end of the week I am ready for something with yeast!
Hope your holiday was a wonderful as mine was.
Best regards to you and yours

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Hi, Frankie,

Actually I didn't know until someone told me. I just got the nominee thing up, but I haven't got it to work as a link yet.

Judy, Passover food makes me feel bloated and causes other problems as well, but I also usually feel pretty hungry, too. Wierd. Like you, every year I look forward to the Passover season and then I am just as glad when it is over.

Nothing tastes as wonderful as Pizza on the first night after Pesach!

Anonymous said...

Elisha.. this has nothing to do with this post either..
my email is imjfaron@sbcglobal.net

will get you an answer about the mock trial case..
Judy Aron