Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Homeschool Blog Awards: The Nominations are Posted

For those of you who are participating, the HSBA site team has posted the nominations. You can't vote until December, but there's quite a list, so you might want to check them out soon.

Ragamuffin Studies was nominated in the Live What You Believe category. Thanks so much, the three of you who nominated this blog! I know about one of you, but the others are anonymous. Two or three of the blogs I nominated apparently got other nominations, but most of my nominees did not make the final cut. So I will post the blogs I nominated here:

Best Homeschool Mom: The Thinking Mother

Best Homeschool Dad: Deliberate Wanderer

Best Artistic Content: Woman of the Tiger Moon

Best Crafts, Plans and Projects: Boy Story...and Beyond!

Best Family or Group: Life Without School

Best Live What You Believe: Barefoot Meandering

Best Unschooling or Eclectic Blog: Tribe of Autodidacts

Best Geographical Blog: Nurtured by Love (British Columbia)

Funniest Blog: News from Hawkhill Acres

Best Thrifty Blog: Mom in Madison

Best Nitty-Gritty Blog: Kitchen Table Learners

Best New Homeschool Blog: Magpie Ima

OOPS! I almost forgot the Best Political etc.: Consent of the Governed

And, Best Cyber-buddy: Dewey's Treehouse

These are some really interesting blogs, and I urge you to check them out, too, even if they didn't make the final cut!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo I already know a couple of those! I'll check out the others.
Cheers and happy thanksgiving

momof3feistykids said...

Thank you for nominating me (even though I assume I didn't make the final cut). I feel really honored -especially coming from a gifted writer like you. ;-)

Lides said...

Aw, you're awfully sweet for nominating me -- I can't imagine enough people know about me to get three nominations though :-)

Amie said...

I'm so honored you would nominate me for one! :D

I am SO glad you got the nomination you did.You really deserve that award. I was going to nominate you for that category as well! I had the email form all ready, then decided to put it off...and forgot.

When I read through those nominations I realized that apparently I'm not familiar with the best homeschooling blogs! Maybe I should check some out.

Consent of the Governed said...

Thanks so much for nominating Consent Of The Governed! I am honored! I also nominated you for best Live What You Believe..and I will be voting for you! I just love your posts!
Good luck and Thanks again!

Mama Squirrel said...

Hi, Elisheva--greetings from a snowy/rainy/dreadful night in Ontario, and thanks for nominating us! I nominated you in two categories--best geographical (I like your New Mexico pictures!) and best new blog (had to have been started since last December).

ChristineMM said...

Oh, thanks for the nomination!

I posted who I nominated as well and as I told you before I nominated you for "live what you believe".