Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Carnival of Homeschooling: The American Lit Edition

The homeschoolers are coming, the homeschoolers are coming!

A very large edition of COH is up over at Alasandra's blog.

It is the American Literature Edition of the Carnival of Homeschooling.

Thoreau's Cabin at Walden Pond, Massachusetts. Photo by E. Levin, July 15, 2004.

What can be more American than a discussion of whether homeschoolers are weird? But some of the greats of American Lit were definitely considered.... well, a little 'off'. Like Nathaniel Hawthorne, Edgar Allen Poe, and of course, Henry David Thoreau! Although some in the carnival say we are not strange, there are others who want to embrance our differences as truly American.

I can see that there is going to be some really good reading ahead! Hawthorne, Thoreau, Ayn Rand...

Hmmm. I think I'll be needing another pound of coffee!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Amie said...

When you think about what passes for "normal" these days, I will gladly be different...even weird!

jugglingpaynes said...

Coffee, goooood!:o)
I got both of your comments, thanks (they come in my email). In answer to your question, the original quiz was put together by http://guiltfreehomeschooling.org/blog/
I'm not sure if she still has the quiz, but she would be the one to ask.