Wednesday, August 8, 2007

California, Here We Come...This Blog is On Vacation

This blog is going on vacation.

We are doing laundry and packing. We are getting instructions ready for the housesitters.
On Friday, Bruce and I are taking N. out to California for his Coyote Tracks camp experience.

But we are not going the most direct route. We did that going to southern California in 2004 for a family wedding.

Instead, we are taking the northern route. We will drive up to the Four Corners monument. I am ashamed to say that N. has never been there! We will drive on up from there through Moab, Utah and Arches National Monument. Or we will cut through Canyonlands National Park.






From there, it's over the mountains to I-15 and from there to America's Loneliest Road to Ely, Nevada and then across that state to Reno, where we will meet up with I-80.






I am very excited about this, because I have never driven across the Basin and Range country in Nevada. My previous experience with I-80 was from Illinois to Salt Lake City, where we then went north to Idaho for field work.










We will drive into Oakland and San Francisco to visit Bruce's friends and family. On Sunday, we will drive across the Golden Gate to take N. to the camp, which is located at Commonweal Gardens near Bolinas.

While N. is at camp, Bruce and I plan to drive up to Oregon to visit his brother and then over to Susanville to see some land Bruce inherited from his parents.

We will be camping on the road and I am not planning to take the computer. We will be back in about 10 days.

As the "govenator" says: I'll be back. Somewhere around the 20th!











3 comments:

momof3feistykids said...

Have a safe, happy trip!

Lides said...

Looks like fun -- I hope you have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Stay safe E, B and N.
I look forward to your return.