Thursday, August 2, 2007

This Just In: Blogger Reflection Awards


Crimson Wife over at Bending the Twigs has given me the Blogger Reflection Award along with five others.

Blogger Reflection Award: this award should make an individual reflect upon five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and who have provided an example. In other words, five dear bloggers whom, when you reflect upon them, you are filled with a sense of pride and joy. . .of knowing them and being blessed by them.

I am honored, Crimson Wife! And I will be in the Bay Area week after next. Maybe I can buy you a cuppa and some of that wonderful San Francisco Sourdough Bread!

And there are some blogs that come immediately to mind when I think of "encouragement" " source of love" and being "blessed by them." This community of homeschool bloggers has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to this! So here are my five, though it could easily have been more!

First, is Megan from Down Under, who hosts Imaginif... She is also author of Homeschooling Aspergers blog (on hiatus at the moment), and she was one of my first friends in the blogosphere. Although she is currently hit a rough patch in her life, she is still the dear, unfailingly loving, person she has always been. She is a blessing, a person who puts her heart and soul into advocating for abused children and for the safety of every child. Megan, I am still saving my pennies (and airline miles--does United fly into Brisbane?) for that trip down under, so that we can sit by the pool with a cuppa and solve all the problems of the world.

Another is Woman of the Tiger Moon. Beth is a single mother who has homeschooled one child to adulthood and is homeschooling two others, while continuing her own education. She is a person who is very accepting of differences and talks to her readers from the heart and with beautiful phrases. And her pictures are amazing! I come away from every post with a feeling of joy and wonder at the way she finds "serenity and grace" in her life.

And then there's Kathy Jo over at Barefoot Meandering and her husband Ernie at Deliberate Wanderer. Just the name of her blog makes me want to take my shoes off and go wandering over the green fields of Tanglewood Farm. They are people who inspire me because of how tenaciously they go after their dreams. And as they learn how to farm, they see every day as an adventure and every setback as a learning experience. Kathy Jo's joy in life is a pleasure to behold. And she has a wicked sense of humor as goes about her days homeschooling her boys. And Ernie is always ready to share his wisdom and advice and humor on his blog, making me think and providing me an example of someone who lives what he believes.

And, of course, there is Miranda up at Nurtured by Love, blogging from the beautiful wilds of British Columbia. It is so much fun to check in and see what she and her tribe of unschoolers are up on any given day. I take joy in the beautiful music she and her daughter make using the Suzuki method (Miranda posts snippets to give readers a listen) and laugh about how they deal with life, wild (bears and wasps) and domesticated (the AD). This is one of the blogs from which I have gained the courage to move toward unschooling. N. thinks this is the greatest blessing of all!

That's five. And there could have been more. But really, two posts in one day? Neither of which are about the COH?

Boy are my hands tired.

5 comments:

Lides said...

Oh, my. I am flattered. Thank you.

Now to ponder ...

Amie said...

You deserved this award, and thanks for pointing me in the direction of some other cool blogs.

Anonymous said...

You are truly wonderful E.
Thank you.

You know, I keep coming across stuff that would be just perfect for Boy for home schooling...and then I remember.

Your blogs have created enormous learning in me and I am eternally grateful.

How cool would it be if there was a blog affiliate program where every blog you post results in a number of frequent flier points.

I'd be joining you in San Fran because i LOVE that area and i LOVE Sour Dough.

Mxxxxxxx

Crimson Wife said...

Have fun visiting the Bay Area! Thanks for the offer of tea but unfortunately we're leaving in a few days to visit my folks and in-laws back East and we won't be back until the end of the month.

Admin said...

You certainly deserved the award, Elisheva. I already read Beth's blog, but now you've given me several others to look up. Thank you.

Shine On,
Lill