Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Carnival of Homeschooling: Visions of the Future


Remember the Jetsons?


Remember when we thought we'd certainly be wearing disposible paper suits and eating pills instead of food?


Remember the cool cars that flew?


Well, maybe that future did not happen exactly that way.

But I am communicating with you almost instantaneously on a wireless laptop!
And my calculator has more memory than the entire computer system at the IAA building in 1975! It actually had tapes on big reels behind a glass wall and took up an entire floor.
So some of those cool futuristic things really did happen.


Over at Homeschool Buzz, the current COH: Visions of the Future is up. Take a look at how some of our fellow homeschoolers envision our futures! Just imagine if Elroy had been homeschooled?


You know, I could really use that robot the Jetson's had...you know, the one that cooks, washes up and vacuums? I want that one.
It would never roll its eyes at me if I told it to put the dirty cup in the dishwasher--not just by the dishwasher.
Sigh. A mother can dream, now, can't she?

2 comments:

Swylv said...

I'll take a Rosie as well :-)

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Aren't these carnivals kewl? I love 'em. I like visiting old friends and meeting new ones.